If you like helping people, working as part of a team, being involved in continuous learning, are physically fit and at least 19 years of age, then you may be an ideal candidate for a volunteer Fire Fighter position.
We offer opportunities to assist others, while performing as a member of a highly skilled team. The Fire Department is an organization dedicated to saving lives and protecting property through fire prevention, suppression and public education. We are committed to continuous learning and superior customer service.
What Do Volunteer Fire Fighters Do?
- Fight fires
- Provide fire prevention education
- Provide technical rescue
- Respond to dangerous goods incidents
- Operate and maintain vehicles
- Maintain equipment & facilities
- Participate in training
- Work in the extremes of temperatures and all weather conditions
- Drive and operate highly specialized equipment in emergency situations
- Perform manual labour and physically challenging tasks in diverse conditions
How Does It Work?
- You will be expected to attend training events and meetings and respond to emergency calls.
- All of your uniforms, books and personal protective equipment are supplied at no cost to you.
- We also provide life insurance.
Non-operational Volunteering OpportunitiesIf you are interested in non-operational service such as fire prevention, public education, radio operation, traffic direction, administration or fund raising, these opportunities are also available for you.
How to ApplyClick this link to download our Application Form, complete the form and mail to: New Germany Volunteer Fire Department, PO Box 163, New Germany, NS B0R 1E0 Attn: Membership Committee
You will then be contacted to arrange a time for an interview with the Membership Committee